Troop4's Guestbook

Troop 4 Online Discussions & Postings: Troop4's Guestbook
Welcome to the Troop4 Guestbook! Please sign-in with your name, email, Scouting affiliation, and Country. Due to attempts by SPAMMERs to use this feature, you will need a Username & Password to sign our Guestbook. Contact our WEBMASTER for details.
Due to attempted hacker attacks on our web site we have had to disable the public posting feature of this topic. We do want to post your messages! Please email them to the webmaster at the links to your left.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By troop53 on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 02:32 pm: Edit

Great site! We are trying to establish a web presence. Tell us what you think!

http://troop53.adakist.com

Again, Great job.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jessica on Monday, October 31, 2005 - 11:50 am: Edit

To: Troop 4,
I hope that this coming year that the troop will grow with the up coming events. My bother Eagal Scout Joshua Jaskier likes seeing the boys make it the Eagal Scout. The same with our mom Pat Jaskier and me.
From,
Jessica Jaskier (Gold Award Scout)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Lonnie Green. nevada city. on Saturday, October 15, 2005 - 05:11 am: Edit

Great site! I was searching for aluminum tubing to build some bicycle frames, I stumbled across your snow shovels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jeff Combs on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 07:05 pm: Edit

Wow this site is pretty cool so far, I am not new to BoyScouts but have resently taken on the challenge of being the committee chair to start a brand new pack. I was looking for additional online trainings that I could take to the committee meetings to get all trained as quickly as possible. This site is an encouragement to start our own site. Please welcome Pack 805 from Wichita Ks. into the awsome journey of scouting.

In scoouting

Jeff Combs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By JEROLD L. WARNER on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 10:12 am: Edit

I was a member of Troop 4 in the sixty's with Sam Patridge as Scoutmaster. This web site was a great look back at that time. This was outstanding; look at the good time I had with him and the Troop!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By cory sampson on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 08:08 pm: Edit

looking to trade csp's and lodge flap's with your members. Please ask and give my e-mail to anyone interested. thanks cory sampson wichita kansas quivira council and kansa lodge #198

Cory's email is Sampsonx5@aol.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Glenn Vaughn on Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 08:35 am: Edit

I noticed the story in the Union today about Troop 4 and thought I would check it out. I also was in Troop 4 in the 1960's when Sam Partridge was Scoutmaster. Like many I enjoyed Camp Pahatsi, Silver Beaver, and the many hikes up and around the Sierras.
I was just checking to see if your history was correct because the first Scoutmaster, Dr. Walter Thomas was my greatgrandfather. The first outing to Capitola was written in a booklet by Jack Curts and given to my greatgrandfather that I now have.
I myself left Troop 4 in the early 70's before making it to Eagle Scout then went into the "Order of The Arrows".
Glenn Vaughn, Nevada City

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Callum on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 07:19 pm: Edit

Hi,

I'm a Venture Scout, & Cub Helper from the UK interested in swapping badges!
If you are interested, please reply.

Yours in Scouting,

Callum Kaye

email: "Callum Kaye" <badgemagnet@hotmail.com>

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Adam Ballucci on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 - 05:53 pm: Edit

My name is Adam Ballucci and I am a 13 year old ( 14 next month) scout from Western Australia.

I am going to the World Jamboree in Thailand and want to know if any scouts are going there from
your troop.

Are there any scouts interested in swapping badges.

Hope to hear from you

ADam

email: "Ron Ballucci" <RWB@doplar.wa.gov.au>

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anthony Tucci on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 - 05:58 pm: Edit

Awesome website.

How did you do the calendar, like the idea.

Anthony Tucci
Used to be a Buffalo NE-IV-129

email: "Anthony Tucci" <Tony@pack555.com>

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Bob Oldani on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 01:59 pm: Edit

Greetings from Southern Illinois!

I know this is a long shot, but I saw your digital patch collection on your web site. I am looking for some old patches from the Egyptian Council 1940- 1994 [merged with the Greater St. Louis Area Council] , in Southern Illinois. Especially one that says Egyptian Council First Year, a 3" round, made of hard felt, yellow with black printing. There are also patches dated 1941, 1942 and 1943. All hard felt. and some arrowhead patches of soft felt 1944, 1945, 1946, Also looking for Coal Belt Area Council year book from 1924, 1925, 1926 or 1927. Any help would be appreciated.

I have been trading and collecting since 1963 and now only concentrate on items from Southern Illinois. I was in Troop 85, Herrin, IL where I earned my Eagle and am a past Lodge Chief of Ney-A-Ti Lodge, now merged with Lodge 100 and then with Lodge 51, I think. Have a ton of information on Scouting in Southern Illinois and have put some of that into a short history. I continually add to the story.

Any help is appreciated.

Bob Oldani
The Pharaoh's Guide
Eagle Scout 1962, Egyptian Council, Illinois

Moderator's Note: Bob sent along some digital pathes from his collection to share. These are being added to Troop 4's digital patch collection now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sam on Monday, November 19, 2001 - 03:00 pm: Edit

Tim,

We've added a link to your site. Very professional looking site!

Yours in Scouting, Sam

Sam T. Edwards
Troopmaster Software, Inc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Bill Schultz on Monday, August 20, 2001 - 09:36 pm: Edit

Tim, I noticed your website in a newspaper article and checked it out. You've put together an excellent site. For information, I was a member of Troop 4 with Sam Partridge in 1949,50,51 and 52...Many trips to Silver Beaver Lodge and the Rainbow Inn. Attended Camp Pahatsi as a member of the troop in 49 and as a counselor in 50 and 51. Attained Eagle Scout in the troop and also was the first northern Ca. scout to receive the God and Country Award...Was a leader in Post 4 and "once a scout, always a scout" is very true. I've been a member of Lions Club International for 27 years in Placervile area and we have always supported scouting....looks like all of you are keeping a fine tradition going.

William E. Schultz

--

Bill Schultz
Recorder-Clerk
El Dorado County
Recorder-Clerk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Marcos on Sunday, June 17, 2001 - 08:37 pm: Edit

I mate Scout, my name is Marcos Sergio Miretti, I am 29 years old and I am member of the team of formation of the school of wooden badge of the district 1 of San Francisco's city, in the county of Cordoba, Argentina.

The reason of this message is to comment him that in my times free of the escultismo I collect books and I specialize especially of the SCOUTING FOR BOYS that BADEN POWELL wrote but my objective is to collect different versions in different languages or languages.

What I want is that he/she answers me if he/she can tell me some addresses where I can change or to buy that book that is for my the Bible of the Scout. If he/she knows here of some scout that wants to exchange with me that material or other things, I leave him my postal data:

MARCOS SERGIO MIRETTI
LOS CHAÑARITOS 1475
X2400GEK SAN FRANCISCO
CORDOBA
ARGENTINA SOUTH AMÉRICA
Thank you and BE PREPARED!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Chip on Sunday, June 17, 2001 - 08:34 pm: Edit

Hi, I was just looking about for information on scouting and troop 4 and found your web site. It is very impressive! I am a member of Troop 4, Lewistown Pa. we were organized in 1910, and have been continually chartered by the Lewistown Presby. church since.

Keith E Mauery Jr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Rick on Monday, April 09, 2001 - 01:56 pm: Edit

Thanks for hosting such a great site for T-4. I found your site when I was
looking for some historic material for camp
O-KI-HI for a personal writing project. I saw an area on your site of old
patches. Would you be interested in some pictues of patches of O-KI-HI from
1970 through about 1975. I attended this camp for many years as a scout and
still have all my old scout stuff (Just can't give it up). I was a Scout and
Explorer in T386 Carmichael, CA from 1969 through 1976. I received my Eagle
in 1973 and have great memories of O-Ki Hi and the area. My family still
tent (real tent on the ground) camps at Plumas Eueka State Park ( the wife
wants a real shower). Let me know if your interested in the patch pics.

Rick Clemens
Associate Information Systems Analyst
R.A. McGee Correctional Training Center
CA Dept. of Corrections

Moderator's note: Rick did send in scans of his historical O-Ki-Hi patches. You can see them at Troop4's Patch Collection

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Brian Ridgway on Monday, January 08, 2001 - 07:11 pm: Edit

Congratulations from Canada

This board is very nice. We have been trying to set up a similar board. You can visit it at :

Thornhill Summit / Humber Seneca Scouts

Drop by and add a link to your board.

Here is a picture from a recent Camp

Image Panther on the Loose

Yes it's a real panther.

YiS

Brian Ridgway

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation