Boy Scouts get away from it all! They camp, hike, and fish in the
They get together in troops, and try out new experiences.
Boy Scouting is available to boys who are 11 through 17 years old,
or who have earned the Arrow of Light Award,
or have completed the fifth grade.
Meetings every Monday, 7PM @ the Grass
Valley Scout Lodge
We encourage every Scout to attend at least one of our Troop meetings to 'check us out'.
1. A boy must meet the joining requirements as stated in the Boy Scout Handbook - "Be a boy who
has completed the 5th grade, or who has earned the Arrow of Light Award, or be 11 years of age but
not yet 18". Young Men (14 years of age but not yet 18) can also join the Troop's Varsity Patrol.
2. Complete the registration form which may be obtained from the Scoutmaster or Troop Committee Member.
3. The consent for Medical Treatment and Physical Exam form must be
signed and returned to the
Troop. A physical examination by a physician will be required for summer camp (every 3 years) and any
high adventure trips to Boy Scout High Adventure Bases (every year). It is important that we have
this information prior to the Scout attending any outdoor activity.
4. Return the completed registration form, medical form, and dues (includes
the registration fees and
Boys Life subscription).
5. A registration form for adult leaders is available for parents who
would like to get involved in Troop 4
as a member of the Troop Committee or Assistant Scoutmaster.
6. Scouts new to the Troop will either join an existing Patrol or will
form a "New Scout Patrol" if they are
new to the Boy Scouts. In either case, the Patrol Leader will contact the new Troop member as soon as
possible to welcome him to the Troop and the Patrol.
return to the Troop4 Home Page
Copyright ©2000 - 2006. All Rights Reserved.
This page was revised February 21, 2006.